Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Regional Certification Group

If you are not currently pursuing AGO Certification, this new year is the time to start on that goal! I made this goal for myself when I invited members attending the Regional Convention in Lincoln this past summer to join me in a “Region VI Certification Group.” The members of this group will attempt to attain their next (or first) level of certification – whether the SPC, CAGO, AAGO, FAGO, or ChM – by the next Regional Convention in 2009. I’ll be working toward AAGO. Wish me luck! Wish us all luck! Join us!

You are welcome to join the Region VI Certification Group anytime. We keep in contact via e-mail, and encourage each other.

If you have earned a Guild certificate, consider running a "Chapter Certification Group" to train others to succeed in attaining the same certification level you have. The Examination Hymn booklet has been revised to include more hymns and songs in various styles, including contemporary and global, so is more applicable than ever for organists in a variety of church settings.

For more information on certification in the AGO, visit www.agohq.org/education/index.html.

No comments: